WHAT is a trademark
It is the means through which your company represents and conveys its image, it embodies the values and qualities of its products and services and establishes the strongest and most direct link with consumers.
WHY you want to register your trademark your trademark
- To acquire the exclusive right to use that sign in certainty and widely.
- To prevent other companies from using unauthorized trademarks that are not only identical but similar.
- To prevent the deposit of the same trademark by others.
- Because a registered trademark is part of your company’s equity and is commercially exploitable:
- it can be licensed in exchange for royalties;
- it is essential in franchise contracts;
- it can be a prerequisite for obtaining financing.
HOW you can register your trademark
Do it yourself: anyone can file an application for a trademark using the forms available on the UIBM website and paying the due taxes.
By contacting a trademark attorney: in addition to saving you time, a consultant can: verify that your trademark possesses the requirements to be granted; through prior art searches ensure the there are no prior similar trademark; monitor and warn you in case third parties file trademarks that conflict with your registration.